DRM NEWS OF THE DAY: March 13, 2020
Bonjour, Chao buoi sang (chow bouy shang), Ha7lh Kwákwaỷel (Pronounced: Hawk Skwyle), Marhaba (mar-ha-ba), Sat Sri Akal, Guten Morgen, Magandang Araw (pronounced Ma-Gun-Dung Arrow), Buenos Dias, Gunaydin (pronounced Goo Ni Den), Dobra Ytra (Dobra ootra), Bom Dai, Good Morning
We are honoured to be learning on the traditional territory of the Squamish Nation (Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw).
Today our block rotation is 3 4 1 2 and it’s grade 8/9 day in the gym.
Remember to be safe, kind and respectful. Reminder that the Climbing Cave and the upper gym floor is closed during Nutrition Break and .Lunch. No Food or Drink in the Gym
Please welcome to our school Ms. Saccone, Ms. McLean, and Ms. Scholfield.
- Thank you all DRM families that attended our student learning evening. Big thanks to all the volunteers that helped organize and all of our community partners.
- Could the grade 8/9 girls’ basketball team please return their clean jerseys and shorts to Mr. Day as soon as possible. Also, if you have not paid your $50 team basketball fee, please do so immediately via school cash online.
- Congratulations to the cast and crew on an amazing Spring play last night! You were fantastic. If you left behind any props or costumes in the Drama room, please swing by and grab them at lunch or after school today.
- Track and Field: Practice schedules for April are available outside the PE office. Please pick up a schedule before you leave for spring break. New members are welcome to grab a schedule. See Ms. Sobieniak if you have any questions.
- Youth Centre News: The Youth Centre is closing its doors permanently after today, you will hear from them now as Youth Services. Last Day Open events today are still on at lunch and after school from 3 to 8pm! There will be music, games, a slideshow and group photo! Unfortunately there will be no food served and if you are not feeling well, we politely ask you refrain from attending. Don’t forget to sign up now for spring break out trips to Vancouver, a movie Whistler, and to go indoor rock climbing. Visit http://www.sscs.ca/youth-services/ and follow Squamish Youth Worker on Instagram/Facebook for more information and on where to find them!